Various phases can be seen through ECG wave tracings following a heart attack:
- Hyperacute phase begins immediately after a heart attack
- Fully evolved phase starts a few hours to days after a heart attack
- Resolution phase appears a few weeks after a heart attack
- Stabilized chronic phase is the last phase and typically has permanent pathological changes compared to a normal ECG tracing
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
©1997 - A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.