Treats ovulation problems in women who want to become pregnant.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to clomiphene, are pregnant (or think you might be pregnant), or if you have liver disease, cysts on the ovaries, enlarged ovaries, or unusual vaginal bleeding.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and when to start.
- Take your medicine at the same time every day.
- You should be checked for pregnancy or ovulation by your doctor between treatments.
- You may need to take and record your basal body temperature every day - ask your doctor.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
- Tell your doctor if you have missed any doses, because this may affect your treatment.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature. Keep clomiphene away from heat, moisture, and light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- If you think you might be pregnant, stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you have thyroid problems.
- Multiple births (such as twins or triplets) are possible when taking clomiphene.
- This medicine may cause changes in vision such as blurring or trouble focusing. If this becomes severe, tell your doctor. Be careful driving or operating machinery.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe lower stomach pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Weight gain.
- Blurred vision
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- "Hot flashes"
- Breast tenderness
- Nervousness or trouble sleeping
- Stomach pain and bloating
- Mood changes
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
©1997 - A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.