Yohimbine Hydrochloride (yoe-HIM-been hye-droe-KLOR-ide)
Treats male impotence (inability to have sex) by helping to produce an erection. This medicine may also work as an aphrodisiac (increases sexual desire).
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to yohimbine.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Check with your doctor before taking if you have heart, kidney, or liver disease, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure, or depressed mood.
- Yohimbine is not recommended for women and must not be used if you are pregnant.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure (severe headache, bloody nose)
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dizziness, nervousness, or irritability
- Headache or mild tremors
- Skin flushing or sweating
- Nausea or vomiting
- Decreased urination
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
©1997 - A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.