Treats genital warts.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to podofilox.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to use and how often.
- Use only on your skin.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- Put a small amount of solution on the warts with a cotton-tipped swab (Q-Tip®). Let the area dry before putting your legs together.
- Throw away the used Q-tip®.
If a dose is missed:
- Put on the missed dose as soon as possible.
- If it is almost time for your next regular dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not put on two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature away from heat and moisture. Do not freeze.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have any other medical problems.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Burning or itching
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blood in the urine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Dryness or peeling of skin
- Trouble falling asleep
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
©1997 - A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.