Cystine (SIS-teen), Inositol (in-OH-si-tol), Methionine (me-THYE-oh-neen), Sodium Propionate (SOE-dee-um PROE-pee-oh-nate), Urea (ure-EE-a)
Helps to heal wounds of the cervix that are caused during childbirth or after minor operations. The cervix is at the bottom of the uterus.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have an allergy to cystine, inositol, methionine, sodium propionate, or urea.
How to Use This Medicine
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- This medicine is to be used only in the vagina. Use at bedtime unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Wash the applicator with warm, soapy water after you use it. If the medicine comes with disposable applicators, use each applicator only once, and then throw it away.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of the used medicine applicator(s), containers and any leftover medicine after you have finished your treatment. You will also need to throw away old medicine after the expiration date has passed.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid using douches or other vaginal products unless your doctor tells you to.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant.
- This medicine may leak out of your vagina during the day. You may wear a sanitary pad to protect your clothing, but do not use a tampon.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
©1997 - A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.