Henry Ford Allegiance Health (HFAH) is a 475-bed health system in Jackson, Michigan. Henry Ford Allegiance Health is one of five hospitals in the Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) headquartered in Detroit, Michigan. HFHS is one of the nation’s leading comprehensive, integrated health systems, recognized for clinical excellence and innovation.
Combining hospital-based care with a full range of services, Henry Ford Allegiance Health serves all members of our community. Henry Ford Allegiance Health is a leader in forming community partnerships which innovatively address wellness and preventative needs.
Henry Ford Allegiance Health complements traditional acute care services with mission-based services to support the care continuum for all members of the community. Through our Health Improvement Organization (HIO), HFAH is also a national leader in forming community partnerships that innovatively address wellness and prevention needs in the community.
Comprised of more than 40 different facilities, Henry Ford Allegiance Health reaches the residents of Jackson, Hillsdale, Lenawee, Ingham, Calhoun and Washtenaw counties and beyond. Wherever we are in the region, our mission remains constant. We lead our community to better health and well-being at every stage of life. Our vision is to create Michigan’s healthiest community through exceptional health care and inspiring a passion for wellness.
Health System Highlights
- Proudly nearing our 10th decade of providing local, high-quality care, Henry Ford Allegiance Health has been serving south central Michigan since 1918.
- The 475-bed system provides a full range of inpatients and outpatient services, including tertiary level services such as cardiac and neurosurgery.
- The 20-bed cardiac universal bed unit treats heart surgery patients.
- An outpatient surgery center for same-day procedures.
- The Gayle M. Jacob Cancer Center offers state of the art care in a unique healing environment.
- The only residential hospice in our region.
- Our Emergency Department receives more than 88,000 visits annually.
- Our team is comprised of more than 400 physicians and 3,700 staff members.
- Our Clinically Integrated Network of physicians continuously strives to improve quality, decrease cost and create value for our patients.
- Founded the Health Improvement Organization (HIO) in 2000, with the goal of improving the health of our community through strong partnerships and coordinated efforts.
- Recent new service investments include a Center for Health Innovation & Education, dermatology care, plastic surgery, a Graduate Medical Education program and the pursuit Level II Trauma Center verification.
- Primary health services for the underserved, regardless of their ability to pay, are provided through the Center for Family Health.
- We are nationally recognized for quality and patient safety. HFAH is one of only three Michigan hospitals to earn straight A’s for five consecutive years on the Hospital Safety Grade from The Leapfrog Group, an independent national nonprofit organization that monitors hospital safety and quality.