Jackson families have looked to Allegiance Health as their community health provider for over 90 years, when a concerned Jackson citizen, Mrs. Ida Foote, donated land for the construction of a new hospital in honor of her late husband, W.A. Foote. Foote Hospital opened its doors to patients in 1918 and is still located on the original site.
In 1975, the hospital merged in ownership with Mercy Hospital, which had been operated by the Sisters of Mercy. Several years later, the two moved into one larger, more modern facility, which was completed in 1983.
Today, our system has grown to a include a 411-bed hospital, an urgent care center, a Hospice program, home care services and a network of primary care physicians. Allegiance Health also partners with Huron Valley Ambulance to provide ambulance services to the community.
Today, as Allegiance Health, we're proud of history and our ongoing commitment to the health and well-being of our community--and beyond.