Quality & Safety
At Allegiance Health, our entire team—from physicians and nurses to food servers and parking valets—is committed to providing an exceptional care experience for every patient, every time. We are proud to provide high quality, patient-centered care—because you deserve our best.
As our community’s leader in the delivery of health care, we want to introduce an even greater level of transparency by providing patients with detailed information on quality, safety and pricing.
How Do We Measure Quality?
The quality of the care provided by Allegiance Health is measured against national benchmarks. Our health system submits quality data to national government and private organizations. These organizations collect information on hospital quality and patient safety efforts in order to assist patients in making informed decisions about where to receive hospital care.
To view Allegiance Health’s quality information, you are welcome to visit any of these sites:
- The Joint Commission, the nation’s leading accrediting body for hospitals, conducts regular on-site reviews of hospitals, including Allegiance Health. The purpose of these reviews is to identify hospitals that meet high standards for quality care and patient safety.
- Healthgrades is the leading online resource of comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. Healthgrades helps patients evaluate, compare and connect with physicians and hospitals that best meet their treatment needs.
- The Leapfrog Group is a national coalition of large employers working with health care providers to reduce medical errors. Allegiance Health is included on this site.
- Hospital Compare has information about the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals across the country. Patients can use Hospital Compare to find hospitals and compare the quality of their care. Hospital Compare was created through the efforts of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in collaboration with organizations representing consumers, hospitals, doctors, employers, accrediting organizations, and other Federal agencies.
- Home Health Compare can help you choose a quality home health agency that has the skilled home health services you need. The information on Home Health Compare helps you learn how well home health agencies care for their patients, shows you how often each agency used best practices when caring for its patients and whether patients improved in certain important areas of care, and indicates what other patients said about their recent home health care experience. This site was created through the efforts of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Michigan Hospital Inform provides information on hospital pricing and quality to help patients and consumers make more informed decisions regarding their personal health.
Nationally Recognized Quality & Safety
- Healthgrades named Allegiance Health among America’s 100 Best Hospitals, placing our health system in the top two percent in the nation for clinical excellence.
- Allegiance Health is recognized by Healthgrades with the prestigious Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™.
- CareChex has recognized Allegiance Health with a 2013 Medical Excellence Award for ranking in the top 100 hospitals in the nation for heart attack treatment.
- Allegiance Health is pleased to be a recipient of the Healthgrades 2013 Patient Safety Excellence Award. This distinction places Allegiance Health within the top five percent of all hospitals for its excellent performance in safeguarding patients from serious, potentially preventable complications during their hospital stays.