The Benefits of Making "Me Time"
If you avoid scheduling some much-needed “me time” into your week because you feel guilty about it, fret no more.
Caring for yourself has many benefits—for you and your family. When you build a little “me time” into each week:
- You feel refreshed and happier.
- You reduce stress.
- You recharge your batteries and feel energized.
- You reduce your risk of becoming resentful
- You maintain a good sense of self.
- You boost your mental well-being and self-esteem.
- You set a great example for your kids.
Me time can consist of any activity you enjoy. It’s a way to celebrate you!
- Coffee with a friend
- A long bath
Instead of hoping a pocket of time will appear out of nowhere, it’s important to put me time on your calendar each week. Then, be sure to honor that time as you would with any appointment or important meeting.
Think of it as a reward for all of the time, energy and effort you pour into the lives of others!
What day have you scheduled for your “me time” this week? What will you do during your “me time” this week? Share in the comment section below.