Careers at Allegiance Health
Express interest in a job: You can search staff and administration positions by several criteria to find the job that's right for you. Learn more »
Physician opportunities: Allegiance offers many opportunities to join our medical staff and start your own practice in the Jackson area. View them »
Opportunities on the Leading Edge
People choose healthcare as a profession for a reason: to deliver personalized care with leading-edge resources. This is what Allegiance Health is all about.
In a true partnership with our caregivers, we achieve clinical and service excellence by investing in the most advanced medical technologies available and establishing exceptional clinical protocols. We strive to deliver the best in healthcare to each patient and to our entire community, by leading an area wellness program that has gained national admiration.
This is our promise to you: You’ll have the opportunity to share your unique expertise in a way that will be valued and celebrated – in a setting that will keep you invigorated. Allegiance Health is where your career in healthcare can soar.
It's Different Here
You have worked hard to develop your own valuable set of skills and experience. At Allegiance Health, we appreciate those talents and we invest in building your career, so you can take it to new heights.
We provide job stability and great benefits. More importantly, we work to create a welcoming and nurturing workplace. Within each department and facility, you’ll find a common culture of compassion.
- Allegiance Health is part of something bigger than itself; it’s an integral part of the community. The organization’s charitable outreach programs reflect a rich heritage of caring for the entire community.
- People are proud to work at Allegiance Health and proud of the organization’s growing acclaim. We have received a number of prestigious awards, including: “100 Top Hospitals®” by Thomson Reuters Healthcare, “Premier Award for Quality” by the Premier Healthcare Alliance, and the Governor’s Award for Improving Patient Safety and Quality of Care in the Hospital Setting.
- Sensitivity to the environment – both in the workplace and for the planet – is respected. Allegiance Health received the Practice Greenhealth Environmental Leadership Award from Hospitals for a Healthy Environment.
- Staff engagement grows with each year. Allegiance Health partners with an outside firm to survey staff opinions and stimulate organizational performance.
- The culture here honors diversity – while celebrating teamwork.
Allegiance Health at a Glance
- We are a diverse network of services and care providers in 40 facilities, including a 411-bed acute care hospital.
- We are growing, with an exceptional medical staff of more than 300 physicians and a team that exceeds 3,200 staff members.
- We have several newly constructed state-of-the-art facilities that offer staff the chance to provide advanced healthcare.
- We have a competitive and innovative Total Rewards program to put you first.
The Latest in Innovation
As Allegiance Health aggressively pursues its mission of improving the health of its community, we make sure our medical staff has world-class technology and healing equipment on hand to provide the highest level of care, such as:
- New state-of-the-art surgery facilities, completed in 2008. Features include enhanced operating rooms, catheterization lab facilities and patient recovery rooms to better accommodate over 20,000 surgeries performed each year.
- Allegiance Heart and Vascular Center, a $30 million facility, opened in February 2008 in partnership with the University of Michigan. This includes Michigan’s first Cardiac Universal Bed (CUB) unit, which accommodates the entire scope of cardiac care for patients in one room throughout their stay.
- Hospice Home, the only local residence for end-of-life care. This newly built 15,000-square-foot home, set in a peaceful wooded area, features 20 private rooms. It also offers family gathering and support space, including a library and children’s area.
- A newly renovated Emergency Department, including 40 private rooms, an onsite pharmacy, valet parking and family waiting areas –
all in a comfortable and healing environment.
90 years of experience
In 1918, we responded to the needs of a growing community by opening Foote Hospital in Jackson. Ninety years later, our healthcare organization continues to adapt and expand to bring outstanding care to the people of Jackson County. In the last few years, we’ve turned our attention to significant advancements in clinical performance and leadership development – initiatives that have gained national recognition. The organization has been named a “100 Top Hospital” several times, including 2008.
Along with this evolution came a new name in 2008, Allegiance Health, to reflect a renewed promise of excellence as an independent, community-owned healthcare organization.