Living in Jackson
This beautiful slice of south-central Michigan is rich in American history and scenic wonder throughout the seasons. We have an abundance of lakes, parks and vineyards. Our community makes the most of these assets, enjoying outdoor activities, arts and cultural events, sports and festivals.
In Jackson, it’s easy to find work-life balance. This is a place where you can get in a morning of golf, an afternoon family hike in the park and a night at the symphony – all within just a few miles of your home and work.
Whether you are looking for an urban rental, a lakeside suburban neighborhood or an historic estate, you’ll find the right home in Jackson. The area also offers a wide variety of excellent public, private and parochial schools. The University of Michigan and Michigan State University are both about 35 minutes away.
Because Jackson is located at the crossroads of several major highways, you can enjoy world-class shopping, dining and cultural events in nearby Ann Arbor, Detroit, Chicago and other cities. And you’ll always be happy to come home to beautiful Jackson County.
Jackson’s attractions include:
- 188 lakes and dozens of parks
- 22 public golf courses
- Jackson Symphony Orchestra
- Ella Sharp Museum of Art and History
- Peter F. Hurst Planetarium
- Michigan International Speedway
- Jackson Community College, Baker College and Spring Arbor University
- Festivals: Blues, Hot Air Balloon, Shakespeare, Wine, Rose and Civil War
For more information, visit: