The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Allegiance Health is proud to be a DAISY Award partner, recognizing our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit. To nominate a nurse, please complete this form.
Latest DAISY Award Winners
Julie Rose, RN, impresses her team and her patients with her attentiveness, seriousness and professionalism. To ensure continuity of care, Julie calmly and carefully works to hand off her patients to their next nurse before she ends her shift. Julie has the best attitude when interacting with the family members of her patients and is careful to keep them informed. She is appreciated for being a hardworking, dedicated team member.
Sandy Saxton, RN, is a wonderful patient advocate who always keeps a positive attitude no matter how difficult the situation. Sandy’s coworker love seeing her smiling face on the unit when they come into work. Her love for her job shows as she goes out of her way to put her patients first, even in challenging circumstances. A caring person with extraordinary nursing skills, Sandy looks out of her team, as well as the needs of her patients. She is an asset to our health system.
- March: Jack Bagby, RN and Rosalie Williams, RN
- February: Alan Meinke, MSN, RN, CRNA and Jeanne Walker, BSN, RN, CDE
- January: Becky Boyce, RN and Sheryl Funston, RN
- December: Brian Kessman, RN and Katie Saja, RN
- November: Libby Hertzfeld, BSN, RN, Labor & Delivery and Tess Powell, RN, Cardiac Universal Bed Unit
- October: Allison Hall, RN, Medical/Surgical Unit and Jaymi Miller, LPN, Allegiance Home Health
- September: Debra Johnson, RN, Medical/Surgery Unit & Jolene Shannon, RN, Outpatient Surgical Center
- August: Camille Wilkinson, RN, Allegiance Hospice Home & Kelly Niezurawski, RN, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
- July: Cathy Camburn, RN, Outpatient Infusion Therapy & Stacy Dewitt, RN, Oncology
- June: Debbie Palanci, RN, AFM North Street & Jamie Veith, RN, Surgical Services
- May: Ed Riehle, RN, Progressive Care Unit & Vanessa Abi-Saab, RN, ED
- April: Jenni Sutfin, RN, 7NW & Jean Dobbins-Miller, RN, Home Care
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick died at the age of 33 from complications of an auto-immune disease. During his eight-week hospital stay, Patrick’s family was impressed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to him, but to everyone in the family. They created the DAISY Award in Patrick’s memory to recognize those nurses who make a big difference in the lives of so many people.
To learn more about the program, please visit DAISYfoundation.org.