The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Henry Ford Allegiance Health is proud to be a DAISY Award partner, recognizing our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit. To nominate a nurse, please complete this form.
Latest DAISY Award Winners
Home Health Services
Henry Ford Allegiance Health
Sarah Wahtola, RN, consistently goes above and beyond. She personifies what it means to be an excellent, caring and conscientious nurse. Patients request for Sarah to return to their homes for care because she is bright, sunny and hard working. They know that Sarah will follow through to provide their needs.
- August: Susie Zakala, RN and Scott Faulkner, RN
- July: Carolyn Booker, RN and Sherree Carpenter, RN
- June: Linda LaRoe, RN and Natashia Neill, RN
- May: Jane Hudecheck, RN, Cardiovascular Recovery Unit and Emily Withrow, RN, 6 South East Renal Oncology Unit
- April: Julie Rose, RN and Sandy Saxton, RN
- March: Jack Bagby, RN and Rosalie Williams, RN
- February: Alan Meinke, MSN, RN, CRNA and Jeanne Walker, BSN, RN, CDE
- January: Becky Boyce, RN and Sheryl Funston, RN
- December: Brian Kessman, RN and Katie Saja, RN
- November: Libby Hertzfeld, BSN, RN, Labor & Delivery and Tess Powell, RN, Cardiac Universal Bed Unit
- October: Allison Hall, RN, Medical/Surgical Unit and Jaymi Miller, LPN, Henry Ford Allegiance Home Health
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick died at the age of 33 from complications of an auto-immune disease. During his eight-week hospital stay, Patrick’s family was impressed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to him, but to everyone in the family. They created the DAISY Award in Patrick’s memory to recognize those nurses who make a big difference in the lives of so many people.
To learn more about the program, please visit DAISYfoundation.org.