The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Henry Ford Allegiance Health is proud to be a DAISY Award partner, recognizing our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit. To nominate a nurse, please complete this form.
Latest DAISY Award Winners
- February: Colleen Boyer, RN and Melissa Howland, RN
- January: Carissa Heisler, RN and Mary Grace, RN
- December: Sharon Downs, RN and Deenah Cavill, RN
- November: Victoria Tingley, RN and Jessica Cook, RN
- October: Julie Robinson, RN and Annmarie Dawertiz, RN
- September: Angela Carr, RN and Sarah Wahtola, RN
- August: Susie Zakala, RN and Scott Faulkner, RN
- July: Carolyn Booker, RN and Sherree Carpenter, RN
- June: Linda LaRoe, RN and Natashia Neill, RN
- May: Jane Hudecheck, RN, Cardiovascular Recovery Unit and Emily Withrow, RN, 6 South East Renal Oncology Unit
- April: Julie Rose, RN and Sandy Saxton, RN
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick died at the age of 33 from complications of an auto-immune disease. During his eight-week hospital stay, Patrick’s family was impressed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to him, but to everyone in the family. They created the DAISY Award in Patrick’s memory to recognize those nurses who make a big difference in the lives of so many people.
To learn more about the program, please visit DAISYfoundation.org.