The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Henry Ford Allegiance Health is proud to be a DAISY Award partner, recognizing our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit. To nominate a nurse, please complete this form.
Latest DAISY Award Winners
Susie Zakala provides compassionate In-Home Hospice care to each of her patients and their families. She consistently goes above and beyond to provide total care regardless of the circumstances, time of day or location. Many within the Jackson community and the Henry Ford Allegiance Hospice service area speak of the excellent care their loved one received from Susie.
Scott Faulkner, RN, 7 South Neurology, is described by his patient’s loved ones as a nurse who stood out above the others because he puts the word “care” in “caring.” They appreciate the way Scott is always there with a helpful answer, giving them the confidence that their loved one is receiving the best care possible.
- July: Carolyn Booker, RN and Sherree Carpenter, RN
- June: Linda LaRoe, RN and Natashia Neill, RN
- May: Jane Hudecheck, RN, Cardiovascular Recovery Unit and Emily Withrow, RN, 6 South East Renal Oncology Unit
- April: Julie Rose, RN and Sandy Saxton, RN
- March: Jack Bagby, RN and Rosalie Williams, RN
- February: Alan Meinke, MSN, RN, CRNA and Jeanne Walker, BSN, RN, CDE
- January: Becky Boyce, RN and Sheryl Funston, RN
- December: Brian Kessman, RN and Katie Saja, RN
- November: Libby Hertzfeld, BSN, RN, Labor & Delivery and Tess Powell, RN, Cardiac Universal Bed Unit
- October: Allison Hall, RN, Medical/Surgical Unit and Jaymi Miller, LPN, Henry Ford Allegiance Home Health
- September: Debra Johnson, RN, Medical/Surgery Unit and Jolene Shannon, RN, Outpatient Surgical Center
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick died at the age of 33 from complications of an auto-immune disease. During his eight-week hospital stay, Patrick’s family was impressed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to him, but to everyone in the family. They created the DAISY Award in Patrick’s memory to recognize those nurses who make a big difference in the lives of so many people.
To learn more about the program, please visit DAISYfoundation.org.