The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Allegiance Health is proud to be a DAISY Award partner, recognizing our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit. To nominate a nurse, please complete this form.
Latest DAISY Award Winners
Patients describe Alan Meinke, MSN, RN, CRNA, as “phenomenal.” Alan is exceptionally attentive, very professional and excellent at this job. One of his patients said, “I was very frightened, but Alan made me feel like I was the only person in the room. I have never had such good care.” Always focused on his patients, Alan is quick to bring a warm blanket or help to alleviate discomfort or meet a need in any way he can.
Jeanne Walker, BSN, RN, CDE, took on many challenges this year, becoming the MDCH Coordinator for Diabetes Education, as well as becoming a certified insulin pump trainer for several different manufacturers. Jeanne’s efforts have helped to keep Allegiance in the forefront for diabetes education. Jeanne puts patients first and makes sure they have the tools they need to manage their condition in order to improve the quality of their lives.
- January: Becky Boyce, RN and Sheryl Funston, RN
- December: Brian Kessman, RN and Katie Saja, RN
- November: Libby Hertzfeld, BSN, RN, Labor & Delivery and Tess Powell, RN, Cardiac Universal Bed Unit
- October: Allison Hall, RN, Medical/Surgical Unit and Jaymi Miller, LPN, Allegiance Home Health
- September: Debra Johnson, RN, Medical/Surgery Unit and Jolene Shannon, RN, Outpatient Surgical Center
- August: Camille Wilkinson, RN, Allegiance Hospice Home and Kelly Niezurawski, RN, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
- July: Cathy Camburn, RN, Outpatient Infusion Therapy and Stacy Dewitt, RN, Oncology
- June: Debbie Palanci, RN, AFM North Street and Jamie Veith, RN, Surgical Services
- May: Ed Riehle, RN, Progressive Care Unit and Vanessa Abi-Saab, RN, ED
- April: Jenni Sutfin, RN, 7NW and Jean Dobbins-Miller, RN, Home Care
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick died at the age of 33 from complications of an auto-immune disease. During his eight-week hospital stay, Patrick’s family was impressed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to him, but to everyone in the family. They created the DAISY Award in Patrick’s memory to recognize those nurses who make a big difference in the lives of so many people.
To learn more about the program, please visit DAISYfoundation.org.