The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. Allegiance Health is proud to be a DAISY Award partner, recognizing our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit. To nominate a nurse, please complete this form.
Latest DAISY Award Winners
Allison Hall, RN, voluntarily stayed with a dying patient while her assigned nurse had to leave the room to care for other patients. Allison shared that she would have given anything to have been with her own mother when she passed away and could not bear to see this patient be alone. Because of Allison's compassion and empathy, this patient passed peacefully with a kind person at her side.
Providing the best health care possible for her patients is the goal of Jaymi Miller, LPN. When Jaymi became the primary nurse for a patient who needed complicated, specific dressing changes, the patient was nervous initially. But after meeting Jaymi, the patient said felt at ease immediately and now the patient actually looks forward to Jaymi’s visits. Jaymi’s smile and friendly demeanor, as well as her depth of knowledge, ability to listen and careful attention to detail are appreciated by her patients.
- September: Debra Johnson, RN, Medical/Surgery Unit & Jolene Shannon, RN, Outpatient Surgical Center
- August: Camille Wilkinson, RN, Allegiance Hospice Home & Kelly Niezurawski, RN, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit
- July: Cathy Camburn, RN, Outpatient Infusion Therapy & Stacy Dewitt, RN, Oncology
- June: Debbie Palanci, RN, AFM North Street & Jamie Veith, RN, Surgical Services
- May: Ed Riehle, RN, Progressive Care Unit & Vanessa Abi-Saab, RN, ED
- April: Jenni Sutfin, RN, 7NW & Jean Dobbins-Miller, RN, Home Care
- March: Samantha Baize, RN, CCU & Terri Yafai, RN, Hospice Home
- January: Shannon Johns, BSN, RN & Jennifer Austin, RN
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. Patrick died at the age of 33 from complications of an auto-immune disease. During his eight-week hospital stay, Patrick’s family was impressed by the care and compassion his nurses provided, not only to him, but to everyone in the family. They created the DAISY Award in Patrick’s memory to recognize those nurses who make a big difference in the lives of so many people.
To learn more about the program, please visit DAISYfoundation.org.