When applying to our program, please keep the following points in mind:
Internship / First Year Residency
You may submit applications for Internship/First Year Residency through ERAS at any time from July 1st of the year before your graduation until December 31st of your senior year. Please note that the majority of interviews are conducted from August through November, and that interview times vary from department to department. If you are selected for an interview, Graduate Medical Education will contact you by phone or email.
You may submit an application for Residency only (PGY 2 and up) through the Allegiance Health job site. In the key word area, type in "GME" and click on any of the residency positions to complete the application.
Please be sure to include the following to ensure prompt consideration of your application:
- Letter stating your anticipated graduation date, from the Dean of your medical school (when applying for an Internship) or the Director of Medical Education (when applying for Residency)
- Official copy of your National Board Scores (Passage of Part III of NBOME COMLEX is required for residency training.)
- Official transcripts from your medical school
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation (from those references listed on your application, with no more than one from faculty of the school you attended).
- Verification of Internship/Residency by the Director of Medical Education (when applying for Residency only or Fellowship).
Submission & Status
Please submit the above documents by either:
- Mail - Graduate Medical Education, Allegiance Health, 205 N East Ave, Jackson, Michigan 49201
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT send the application or other application material to the Program Director.
Please keep in contact with Graduate Medical Education regarding the completion status of your application.
- A personal interview is required AFTER the application is complete.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted personally by phone, or through the ERAS processing system if applying for and Internship.
- In some cases, to accommodate travel schedules, interviews may be arranged before all letters of recommendation are received. However, only completed applications will receive final consideration.
If you have any questions after viewing the information on our website, please contact Graduate Medical Education at (517) 788-4800, x3964.