Family Medicine - DO Residency
Kristina Sturgill, DO
Program Director & Family Medicine Physician
Henry Ford Allegiance Health is a 475-bed health system that sees a wide range of conditions. Our Family Medicine Residency is a three-year program accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). This program is affiliated with the Statewide Campus System of Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM).
Hospital services include medical/surgical, obstetrics and gynecology, special care nursery, pediatrics, a specialized cardiac unit, and behavioral health services. Each year, the health system admits more than 20,000 patients to its acute care hospital, admits more than 350 patients to its long-term acute care hospital, and serves more than 100,000 patients through its emergency and urgent care facilities. The health system also serves 150,000 patients through family practice, specialty and diagnostic clinics, and operates a home care agency and hospice services, including an offsite hospice home.
Henry Ford Allegiance Health integrates care across various services and settings by leveraging clinical information across the care continuum and by delivering care through the Patient Centered Medical Home. In addition to these delivery mechanisms, Henry Ford Allegiance Health integrates health and wellness throughout the entire care continuum through partnerships with area employers, physicians and community organizations.
Features of the Residency
- New dynamic program with younger leadership
- Didactic sessions provided by physicians
- Continuity Clinic held through Center for Family Health, which is a Federally Qualified Health Center
- Didactic, clinical exposure and experience further broadened by enrollment in the Michigan State University Consortium
- Monthly sessions
- University endorsement is included on the resident’s diploma
- County-Wide Integrated Electronic Medical Record
We anticipate the training here at Henry Ford Allegiance Health will prepare you for a busy community- based family medicine practice in the future.