Food & Beverages
Nourishing and well-balanced meals are an important part of any patient’s treatment and recovery. Healthy nutrition helps your body fight infection, heal and stay strong during treatments. Allegiance Health will provide you with nutritious meals that meet the needs of your day-to-day diet, as prescribed by your physician.
Your Nutrition Services staff consists of:
- Registered dieticians: These experts have received specialized food and nutrition training in college and completed a licensing examination.
- Dietary aids: These professionals will visit you daily to ask your food preference.
- Nutrition Services staff: These trained staff members work behind the scenes in our kitchen to ensure your meals are prepared according to the highest standards of food preparation.
Each day, a diet aide will visit your room and help you select meals for the next day. You will be able to choose the daily house special, or alternate options. We have a large variety of foods available, but must always follow the diet order prescribed by your doctor.
If you have questions about your special diet, please call a registered dietitian from your room phone at ext. 4806 or ext. 4904.
If you miss a meal due a test or procedure, your nurse can place an order once you return. Your meal will take about 30-40 minutes to be delivered once Nutrition Services receives the request. If you would prefer a light meal or snack instead, your nurse can prepare a snack for you in the kitchenette.
Guest meals and the Common’s Café
Allegiance Health’s full-service cafeteria, the Common’s Café, serves a wide variety of food for hospital guests and employees. The Common’s Café has featured entrees daily as well as a soup, salad and fruit bar, on-the-go items and desserts.
Hours of operation are:
- Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. and 2-3:30 a.m.
- On weekends and holidays: 7-10 a.m., 11 a.m.–3:30 p.m., 4:30-7 p.m. and 2-3:30 a.m.
Other food options for guests include the Common Grounds coffee and pastry shop and vending machines throughout the building.