Allegiance Health Recognized as an American Heart Association Start! Fit-Friendly Company
February 24, 2010
Jackson, Mich. — Allegiance Health has been recognized as a Platinum-Level Start! Fit-Friendly Company by the American Heart Association’s Start! movement for helping employees eat better and move more.
“Physical activity and staff wellness are important priorities at Allegiance Health,” said Amy Schultz, MD, director of Prevention and Community Health. “We are excited to be recognized for this honor and we’re committed to providing the best workplace environment possible. This award will further benefit the health of our staff and will produce even more positive results for our organization.”
- Offer employees physical activity options in the workplace
- Increase healthy eating options at the worksite
- Promote a wellness culture in the workplace
- Implement at least nine criteria outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture
- Demonstrate measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness
“The Start! Fit-Friendly Companies Program offers a unique, easy-to-implement opportunity for corporations to increase employees’ physical activity, which will help improve their health—and their employers’ bottom line,” said Jennifer Hancock of the American Heart Association. “Even people who haven’t exercised regularly until middle age can reap significant benefits by starting a walking program.”
The Start! Fit-Friendly Companies Program is a catalyst for positive change in the American workforce by helping companies make their employees’ health and wellness a priority.