Allegiance Health Hosts Annual Health Fair at Westwood Mall
August 2, 2010
Jackson, Mich. — Allegiance Health is hosting its annual Health Fair on Wednesday, August 18 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Westwood Mall (near the Walmart entrance), 1850 W. Michigan Avenue in Jackson. The event is free and the public is welcome.
The Allegiance Health Fair provides educational opportunities for the entire family with health care providers on hand to answer health-related questions.
Guests will have an opportunity to:
- Sample heart healthy snacks
- Talk with Registered Dietitians for Nutrition Counseling
- Receive stroke education to learn how to prevent and recognize stroke symptoms
- “Ask the Experts”:
- Stan Lee, MD, Orthopaedic surgeon, specializing in spine-related issues
- Tina Maloney, PharmD, Allegiance Pharmacy Services
- Bindesh Patel, MD, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Mark Smith, MD, Medical Director of Allegiance Emergency Care Services
Plus, Allegiance Emergency Department staff will fit children ages 3 to 11 for free bike helmets.
The following free health screenings will also be provided:
- Full lipid panel (by appointment)
- Balance screening and grip test
- Bone density (by appointment)
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index
- Pulse oximetry
- Blood sugar
- Vascular screen (by appointment only)
To make an appointment for a screening or for more information, call (888) 335-7241 or register online.