Senior Health Center
Working in partnership with your doctor, the Allegiance Senior Health Center makes recommendations regarding your care after building an in-depth profile of your health.
Our multidisciplinary team of specialists evaluates your physical, psychological and social health with these three goals in mind:
- Determine your current health status.
- Provide you and your physician a detailed health status report.
- Recommend actions to prevent further health care issues and/or complications.
- Recommend needed referrals to additional care services.
- Support you in exercising control over your health.
Who can benefit?
The Senior Health Center is available to any older individual and his/her family currently experiencing at least one of the following:
- Recent onset of memory-loss issues.
- Multiple health concerns or problems.
- Repeated hospitalizations.
- Limited access to information and an increased need for help, support systems and caregiver activities.
What you can expect
A board-certified physician and a nurse practitioner, each with specialized training and certifications in senior health issues, will perform your evaluation over the course of three visits. Prior to your first visit you will be sent a health questionnaire, which you’ll need to return before your first visit.
The first visit
Your first visit will last about two hours, during which a nurse practitioner will review your health questionnaire with you and ensure the information is complete. The nurse practitioner will also spend time talking with you and your family to develop an understanding of your overall health and how well you function in your daily activities.
After your first visit, the nurse practitioner will pull all available medical records and test results and will provide a complete report for the physician.
The second visit
Approximately one week after your first visit, you will return to meet with the physician and have a complete "head-to-toe" physical. The physician will have reviewed the results of your first visit and will explain what has been learned and whether you will need any additional tests.
The third visit
After all tests and studies have been completed, you and your family will return for a third visit to the Center. At this visit, the physician and nurse practitioner will help lead a patient/family conference where they will:
- Provide results and explanations of all tests.
- Share impressions.
- Answer questions.
- Explain the proposed care plan.