Food & Beverages
Because nourishing, well-balanced meals are important to your health, well-being, and comfort, Nutrition Services at Allegiance Health strives to provide you with delicious, wholesome options as prescribed by your doctor.
As a patient, you will be provided with a Room Service Menu with choices ranging from made-to-order omelets to personal pizzas to dessert and snack options.
Planning your Selection
If your doctor has prescribed a special diet for you, there is a special section in your Room Service Menu that can assist you in deciding which food items you should select.
- Heart Healthy. Choosing a food item with a heart symbol means you are ordering a heart healthy menu option. These foods are appropriate for a cardiac, low sodium and low fat diet. By selecting heart healthy food, you will be on your way to eating balanced meals low in fat, cholesterol and sodium.
- Carbohydrates. All food items are listed with a green number (example, 3). This number indicates the amount of carbohydrate servings contained in that food item.
- Insulin. If you are receiving insulin, please place your order accordingly so that you are eating during the times listed below. (Please allow up to 45 minutes for your food to be delivered.)
- Breakfast: Between 7 - 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch: Between 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Dinner: Between 4:30 - 6 p.m.
Ordering your Selection
Orders are received from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Breakfast is served 6:30 – 11 a.m., and Lunch/Dinner 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
Review our Room Service Menu, make your selections, then simply call FOOD (ext. 3663) to place your order. If you prefer, an Ambassador will be happy to assist you with placing your order and answer any questions you may have. We’ll have your meal delivered to your room within 45 minutes.
Ambassadors are available to:
- Explain the room service process and answer patient questions.
- Assist patients with menu choices, if needed.
- Call in orders for patients who cannot do it themselves.
- Deliver meals to patients.
Allegiance Nutrition Services is committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible. Your 100% satisfaction is our number one goal. If for any reason, we do not provide very good service, please call ext. 3663 and let us know how we can serve you better.
Guest meals and the Common’s Café
Located on the third floor, Allegiance Health’s full-service cafeteria, the Common’s Café, serves a variety of food for hospital guests and employees. The Common’s Café has featured entrees daily as well as a soup, salad and fruit bar, on-the-go items and desserts.
Common’s Café Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday: 6:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. and 2-3:30 a.m.
- Weekends and Holidays: 7-10 a.m., 11 a.m.–3:30 p.m., 4:30-7 p.m. and 2-3:30 a.m.
Other food options for guests include the Common Grounds coffee and pastry shop located in our main lobby as well as vending machines throughout our building.