Spirituality and faith are a vital component of the healing and recovery process. A truly healthy person is healthy in body, mind and spirit. At Allegiance Health, dedicated and professionally trained chaplains provide pastoral care to patients, their families and staff dealing with difficult and stressful situations. Our team of chaplains is available to help you 24 hours a day.
Chaplains can assist with:
- Spiritual and emotional concerns
- Issues of fear, anger, guilt or despair
- Grief and loss issues
- Ethical issues and important end-of-life decisions
- Tissue and organ donation
- Funeral home arrangements
- Crisis counseling
- Coping with illness or diagnosis
- Sacraments, prayer and scripture
- Connecting to community clergy
A beautiful, interfaith chapel is located on the third floor of the hospital, just outside the Family Waiting Room and the Critical Care Unit. The chapel is always open and available for persons of all faiths to use for prayer, meditation or time away. Families of loved ones are encouraged to use the chapel during times of crisis and need.
Pastoral Care Office
- Open: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Call: (517) 788-4888 or ext. 4888. You can also call the Hospital Operator at (517) 788-4800 any time and ask the operator to page the on-call chaplain, who is available around the clock.