The Allegiance Neuropsychology Center specializes in care for head trauma, memory loss, learning disabilities and other neurological disorders. Our skilled caregivers will provide testing and evaluation with appropriate follow-up arranged for both children and adults.
Pediatric Neuropsychology and Autism
Caring for children with neurological disorders is an important part of the total care we provide at Allegiance Health. Our neuropsychology department has more than 30 years combined experience in the field of pediatric neuropsychology. This experience is especially valuable in treating our country's fastest-growing developmental disability: autism.
Autism is a disorder of early child development and can affect how a child develops connections with people and the environment. The symptoms vary by child and by age, but common autism symptoms include:
- Limited or unusual interest in people
- Limited or unusual repetitive speech
- Limited pretend play and/or unusual, repetitive interests
Common autism symptoms for a two year old include:
- Undeveloped speech or sudden loss of words
- Unresponsiveness to name
- Failure to point out exciting things to share with parents
- Inability to follow a parent’s pointing
For additional information on developmental disability screenings and symptoms, visit www.firstsigns.org.