Heart & Vascular Center
Allegiance Health is saving lives with the launch of its Heart & Vascular Center, introducing a higher level of care in the Jackson community. Over a decade in the making, this exciting facility provides a wide range of cardiovascular services, including:
The state-of-the-art facility offers:
- 20 all-private rooms on our heart unit
- Six new operating rooms (two dedicated to open-heart surgery)
- New and expanded Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- 12-bed pre- and post-outpatient cardiac catheterization recovery area
Cardiac Universal Bed Unit
Allegiance Health’s 20-bed heart unit implements the cardiac universal bed unit model of care, allowing cardiovascular patients to receive all of their pre- and post-operative treatment from one bed, in one location. This eliminates the need for patients to be moved throughout the facility during the healing process. This innovative model is the cornerstone for care in Allegiance Health’s Heart & Vascular Center.
Cardiac universal bed units have been shown to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs and enhance patient satisfaction. In our Heart Unit:
- Nurses are consistently assigned to the same patients—allowing them to detect subtle changes in a patient's condition. This leads to prompt resolution of complications and decreases length of stay.
- Communication is improved between the care team, the patient and their family.
- The single location-setting increases the familiarity of the care team and leads to a collaborative approach to treatment. Research has shown that patients fare better in such environments.
Read more about the Surgery Tower the heart unit is part of.