“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”Winston Churchill
As a community-owned health system, support for Henry Ford Allegiance Health from residents and businesses means a lot. It tells us that you value our high-quality health care and that you care about helping others.
“The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.”Nelson Henderson
What better way to honor or remember a loved one, special friend or community member than with a gift that improves the lives of others. If you would like to make a memorial or honorary contribution, please user our secure online donor form or complete a donor card.
“I have never encountered a team of professionals so dedicated to their mission. They made a difference in my care and recovery.”Lee Hladki, Allegiance Health Patient
Many patients have asked us how they can give back to Henry Ford Allegiance Health in honor of the exceptional care received. The Henry Ford Allegiance Health Foundation has established the Grateful Patient Program to provide a special opportunity for patients and family members to express their thanks.
With the generosity of people like you, the Grateful Patient Program supports the purchase of the latest technology to ensure state-of-the-art care for our patients.
Gifts made to the Grateful Patient Program help us care for patients in a compassionate, healing environment. It is possible you or your family have benefited from the generosity of past patients during your recent visit.
Grateful Patient gifts can be made in honor of a caregiver, nurse or nursing team, physician, pastoral care chaplain or other staff.
Your gift will help to support essential services such as:
- Emergency Department
- Critical Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart and Vascular Care
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Nursing programs
- Charity Care
The Appreciation Fund recognizes the tremendous contributions physicians and health professional make to their patients and their community. Gifts to the fund from colleagues, patients and loved ones express their highest regard and create a lasting testament to the physicians and health professionals they admire and appreciate, and whose presence has made a difference.
Gifts to the Appreciation Fund directly support the technological advances that have, and will, transform health care. Your contribution enables Henry Ford Allegiance Health to purchase new medical equipment and technology that will keep Henry Ford Allegiance Health at the forefront of modern medicine.
The Appreciation Fund’s Inspiration
The Henry Ford Allegiance Health Foundation has established the Physician and Health Professional Appreciation Fund in the spirit of a dedicated Jackson area physician, J. Gil O’Rourke, MD.
Dr. O’Rourke practiced obstetrics and gynecology in the Jackson area for nearly three decades. As he reflected on his career shortly before his death from esophageal cancer in 2009, Dr. O’Rourke commented on the amazing impact technology has had not only on his practice, but on the entire medical field. He expressed his hope that Jackson area residents would always have access to advanced equipment and treatment.
“Dr. O’Rourke had an enormous respect for humanity,” said Richard Ambs, president of Ambs Call Center. “He understood that the only way to keep up with medical advancements was through the pursuit of better technology. He believed that technology would put us in a better position to serve our community.”
Making a lasting and positive impact on the lives of others provides a deep sense of satisfaction few other investments can match. Major Gifts and Planned Giving offer our donors the opportunity to make a significant investment in Henry Ford Allegiance Health while supporting your financial goals, desires and needs.
If you would like more information on Major Gifts and Planned Giving and how they can generate income through estate planning, please call the Foundation at (517) 817-7508.
Making Gifts of Stock
Planned gifts of appreciated stock have two significant tax advantages—you can deduct their full market value and avoid tax due on their capital gains.
The process for making this gift is different for securities in your possession and securities in your broker’s possession.
- If the securities are in your possession, send us unendorsed certificates by certified mail. In a separate mailing, provide a stock power for each certificate you have sent. Each stock power should be signed and signature guaranteed exactly as your name appears on the certificate.
- If the securities are in your broker’s possession, please instruct that they be transferred into our name before they are sold. The securities must not be sold until the transfer is made.
Two additional activities will assure your own benefit from the transaction:
- Communicate the exact date of the transfer. This will establish the gift’s value in accordance with IRS regulations.
- For your income tax deduction, calculate the value of the gift as the mean between the high and low market value on the transfer date.
For more information about planned gifts, please call the Foundation at (517) 817-7508 or contact your broker or financial advisor.
Lights of Love, sponsored by the Henry Ford Allegiance Health Foundation, is a way to honor and celebrate family and friends we hold dear. Each tree’s green and yellow lights represent a loved one, friend, care giver or community leader, and the name of each person represented and the donor are listed on a scroll in the hospital lobby and online.
The annual Circle of Strength staff campaign invites Henry Ford Allegiance Health staff members to demonstrate that “charity begins at home.” These generous contributions reach out to staff members, neighbors and community members who need a helping hand in difficult times, and help to ensure that assistance is available to everyone who needs it.
2015 Circle of Strength donations benefit:
- Addiction Recovery Support
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health Endowment
- Area of Greatest Need
- CareLink – Occupational Therapy Room
- Continue the Promise: The Gayle M. Jacob Cancer Center Expansion
- Cradling Hope: Henry Ford Allegiance Special Care Nursery Renovation
- Graduate Medical Education
- Henry Ford Allegiance Hospice Home
- Compassionate Care: Charity Care for Patients
- SAFE (Staff Assistance for Emergencies)
- We Care – For Patients (Fund for immediate patient needs)
- Henry Ford Allegiance Women’s Health Center Oncology Aesthetics
- Business Support Professional Development
- Clinical Professional Development
- Nursing Professional Development