This specially designed healing environment has been created to extend an exceptional, supportive experience to our patients and their families. The expanded Cancer Center offers technologically advanced care in a healing environment, which includes calming decorative art, increased natural lighting and soft music to soothe both patients and their families who are facing a stressful and vulnerable time.
Other special features of the Gayle M. Jacob Cancer Center include:
- Cancer Center Infusion area. Click to view large image.
- More than double the former space available, from 4,370 to 9,960 square feet
- Increased number of exam rooms
- Sixteen infusion rooms with patient-controlled temperatures, capability for increased privacy, televisions with headsets for each patient as well as a garden with a waterfall to promote comfort and emotional well-being
- Six private patient scheduling areas
- Patient Navigator and consulting rooms to provide individualized attention
- Cutting edge complementary and integrative medicine options
- The most advanced medical and radiation technologies, for example, the Clinac®iX linear accelerator and chemotherapy IV robotics