Allegiance Health Welcomes New Orthopaedic Surgeons
Dr. Ekpo is a graduate of the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Pennsylvania, He completed a combined internship and orthopaedic surgery residency training program at Genesys Regional Medical Center – Michigan State University in Grand Blanc, MI. Following his residency, Dr. Ekpo chose to pursue an additional year of subspecialty training in primary and complex revision of the hip and knee at Mount Carmel Hospital and Ohio State University.
Dr. Ekpo’s areas of expertise include:
- Total knee or hip arthroplasty or total knee or hip replacement
- Partial knee arthroplasty or replacement
- Patient matched /custom knee replacement
- Reconstructive hip and knee surgery
- Joint preservation surgery
- Fracture care
Dr. Walper is a graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine. In addition to a Southwest Sports Medicine Fellowship, he completed a residency in orthopaedic surgery at Detroit Medical Center and an internship in general surgery at Michigan State University/Butterworth Hospital. He is board certified and holds a certificate of added qualification in sports medicine.
Dr. Walper’s areas of expertise include:
- Comprehensive care of the shoulder and the knee
- Arthroscopy of the shoulder, knee and hip
- Muscle, ligament and tendon concerns
- Injury management
Allegiance Orthopaedics is located at 1201 E. Michigan Avenue, Suite 30, in Jackson.