Henry Ford Allegiance Health’s billing process is as follows:
- The hospital will submit a medical claim to each of your insurance companies.
- After the first insurance company processes the claim, the second insurance company will be billed.
- Any balance left after all insurance companies have processed the medical claim will be sent to you.
- The account statement will show the services provided, any amount paid by insurance, and the balance due from you.
- If your insurance pays the claim in full, you might not receive a bill. You can, however, request an itemized bill by calling the Henry Ford Allegiance Billing Office at (517) 205-4920.
Paying the Hospital
Henry Ford Allegiance Health’s policy is to request payment at the time of service. For your convenience, the hospital accepts cash, check, Visa and MasterCard. Payments can be made in person at the Cashier’s Office in the main lobby, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Emergency services are provided without regard to a patient’s ability to pay. The Henry Ford Allegiance Business Office works with patients to set up payment arrangements or other options to resolve balances. Call (517) 205-4920 for more information.
Additional Payment Options & Financial Assistance
Returned Check Policy
A $25 service fee will be assessed for all returned or refused checks. Please direct questions to (517) 205-4920.
Bills from Other Medical Providers
The hospital bill does not include charges by private physicians or other medical providers who treat patients in the hospital. If your visit requires services such as x-ray interpretation, a pathologist’s review of a test, treatment by an Emergency
Department physician, or anesthesia by an anesthesiologist, you may receive a separate bill.
You may also receive a bill from:
- Ambulance service: Jackson Community Ambulance — (517) 787-5702
- Anesthesia services: Anesthesia Associates of Henry Ford Allegiance Health — (800) 303-7639
- Hospitalist services: CogentHMG — (888) 319-2030
- Laboratory physician services: Jackson Pathology Associates, PC — (800) 521-3068
- X-ray physician services: Jackson Radiology Consultants, PC — (517) 783-2612
If the Insurance Company Does Not Pay Promptly
Insurers should make payment within 30 days of receiving a claim, unless there is an agreement with Henry Ford Allegiance Health to pay within a longer time frame. If an insurance company does not respond promptly to a claim, patients may receive bills and become responsible for payment.