For many, spirituality and faith are a vital component of the healing and recovery process. A truly healthy person is healthy in body, mind and spirit. At Allegiance Health, dedicated and professionally trained chaplains provide pastoral care to patients, their families and staff dealing with difficult and stressful situations. Our team of chaplains is available to help you at any time of the day or night.
Chaplains can assist with:
- Spiritual and emotional concerns
- Issues of fear, anger, guilt or despair
- Grief and loss issues
- Ethical issues and important end-of-life decisions
- Questions regarding tissue and organ donation
- Funeral home arrangements
- Crisis counseling
- Coping with illness or diagnosis
- Sacraments, prayer and scripture
- Connecting to community clergy
Pastoral Care Office
- Open: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Call: 788-4888 or ext. 4888. You can also call the Hospital Operator at 788-4800 any time and ask the operator to page the on-call chaplain, who is available around the clock.
A beautiful, interfaith chapel is located on the 3rd Floor of the hospital, just outside the Family Waiting Room and the Critical Care Unit. The chapel is always open and available for persons of all faiths to use for prayer, meditation or time away. Families of loved ones are encouraged to use the chapel as a source of quiet and comfort during times of crisis and need.