Your Responsibilities as a Patient
Your health care is a cooperative effort between you, your physician and the staff. You have a responsibility to help us provide you with the best possible care.
To help us give you the very best care, please:
- Provide a complete and accurate medical history when asked to do so.
- Report unexpected changes in your condition to your physician or nurse.
- Follow treatment recommendations given by your health care providers and discuss your concerns if you do not agree with the plan.
- Listen to your health care providers and read the information you are given regarding rules and regulations.
- Tell your doctor or nurse if you do not understand your treatment or what you are expected to do.
- Be considerate of other patients and of Henry Ford Allegiance Health staff and property.
- Report to your doctor or nurse any concerns you may have about safety risks in
- your care.
To help your health care team manage your pain, please:
- Ask what to expect based on your condition and treatment.
- Talk to us about pain relief options.
- Work with us to make a pain relief plan.
- Let us know when pain first begins.
- Help us measure your pain.
- Tell us about any pain that does not get better.
- Discuss with us any concerns you have about becoming “hooked” on pain medications.