The Allegiance Depression Management Program helps to effectively treat your depression in order to improve health and quality of life. Regularly scheduled phone calls from a certified health coach will provide support, symptom monitoring, education and skills to help manage your depression.
Benefits of Depression Management
- Monitoring your depression symptoms and coordinating care with your family doctor and health care team helps determine the most effective treatment options
- Effective treatment helps you feel better more quickly so there is less chance of the depression returning
- Gaining depression management skills helps you to manage your depression so that you can function at your best level and decrease the likelihood of another episode
- Your health coach serves as a resource and can connect you to available community and health services
Your Participation Involves
- Completing your scheduled follow-up calls
- Discussing treatment changes with your health coach
- Learning and practicing depression management skills
- Attending all scheduled appointments with your health care provider
- Sharing your concerns with your health care provider
The program is a collaboration with the University of Michigan Depression Center and the Michigan Depression Outreach and Collaborative Care (M-DOCC) program. For more information about the program, please call (517) 817-7547.