The cardiovascular system is made up of blood, blood vessels and the heart. It is one of the body’s most vital systems, so it is very important to keep it healthy.
Vascular disease, a blood vessel disorder that affects the arteries and veins, is a serious health issue that affects millions of Americans each year. More people die each year from vascular-related diseases than from all cancers combined.
Henry Ford Allegiance Vascular Health focuses on education and prevention and the early detection and treatment of vascular disease. Our vascular laboratory staff provides tests and screenings to determine the cause of symptoms you may be experiencing. Our vascular surgeons and nurse practitioners perform a variety of minimally invasive procedures to treat vascular disease in its varying stages.
We make every effort to provide same-day appointments when needed, so that you can discuss your health concerns as quickly as possible.
Vascular Diseases & Conditions Treated
Henry Ford Allegiance Vascular Health provides treatment of serious vascular diseases and conditions, such as:
- Peripheral arterial disease, including claudication, foot ulcers, blocked arteries, Raynaud’s disease, Buerger’s disease and vasculitis
- Aneurysms, including abdominal aorta, iliac arteries, femoral arteries and popliteal arteries
- Cerebral vascular disease, including carotid artery stenosis
- Renal failure, including dialysis access for hemodialysis
- Intestinal artery disease
- Renal artery disease