Private duty services refers to care that does not require nursing professionals or licensed therapists, but is provided by trained staff, such as nursing aides. Insurance coverage for these services varies by plan.
The Allegiance Personal Care team encourages independence and mobility, helping patients to live an active life at home. We support independent living through services that range from meal preparation and light housekeeping to assistance with bathing and dressing.
Allegiance Personal Care services are available for as little as two hours per week, and up to 24 hours a day. Available personal care services include:
Aide services include bathing and grooming, medication reminders and assistance with movement and exercise.
Homemaker & Companion Services
Homemaker and companion services include light housekeeping, grocery shopping and other errands.
Respite care is support care for children and adults with disabilities, especially when the primary caregiver is away.
When patients take multiple prescription medications, it can be challenging to take the right medications at the right time. Allegiance Personal Care will help to set up medications correctly and provide monthly monitoring services.
Medication set-up is an affordable service paid on a monthly basis, or as needed. It includes:
- Medication review with a registered nurse
- Prescription refill coordination
- Pill boxes and monthly refill visits
- Monthly monitoring of vital signs on request
- Physician notification if medication side-effects occur
Mobile Foot Clinic
Poor foot care can lead to serious health problems, including possible loss of the foot or leg. Through our mobile foot clinic, Allegiance Personal Care staff helps patients keep their feet clean and avoid painful foot problems. Foot care services can be scheduled monthly or as needed at a private residence and are also available for groups at various locations throughout the community.
Allegiance Mobile Foot Clinic Services begin with an assessment by a registered nurse. Our staff will provide a foot basin and nail clippers and assist with:
- Basic nail care
Using the patient’s vehicle with signed consent, Allegiance Personal Care staff will drive the patient to appointments, social events, shopping and errands. Staff will stay with them throughout the visit and assist with mobility.
24-hour Personal Care
The Allegiance Personal Care Team will provide fulltime care at home for patients who are:
- Newly recovering after a hospital discharge or surgery
- Under hospice care – to relieve family caregivers, allowing them to sleep at night and continue working
- Elderly and require assistance with nighttime bathroom visits and ambulation, meal preparation, laundry and housekeeping
- Are physically limited due to paralysis, multiple sclerosis, cancer or other conditions