Chapel & Pastoral Care
For many, spirituality and faith can be vital components of the healing and recovery process. A beautiful interfaith chapel is located on the Third Floor of the hospital, just outside the Family Waiting Room and the Critical Care Unit. The chapel is always open and available for people of all faiths to use for prayer, meditation or quiet time. Families and friends of our patients are encouraged to use the chapel at any time.
Dedicated and professionally trained chaplains provide pastoral care to patients, families and staff who would like help dealing with difficult and stressful situations. Our team of chaplains is available to you 24 hours a day.
Chaplains can assist with:
- Spiritual and emotional concerns
- Issues of fear, anger, guilt or despair
- Grief and loss issues
- Ethical issues and important end-of-life decisions
- Tissue and organ donation
- Funeral home arrangements
- Crisis counseling
- Coping with illness or diagnosis
- Sacraments, prayer and scripture
- Connecting to community clergy
Pastoral Care Office
- Open: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Call: (517) 788-4888 or ext. 4888. You can also call the Hospital Operator at (517) 788-4800 at any time and ask the Operator to page the on-call chaplain,