AgrylinThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use it if you had an allergic reaction to anagrelide.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed. Your dose may need to be changed several times to find what works best for you.
- Missed dose: Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines can affect how anagrelide works. Tell your doctor if you are taking aspirin or theophylline.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have liver disease, kidney disease, heart disease, congestive heart failure, or heart rhythm problems.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Heart rhythm problems (fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat)
- Congestive heart failure
- Interstitial lung disease
- Do not stop using this medicine suddenly. Your doctor will need to slowly decrease your dose before you stop it completely. The platelet levels in your blood will increase when you stop using this medicine.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat
- Rapid weight gain, swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- Trouble breathing
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Diarrhea, gas, or nausea
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088