Reduces unwanted facial hair in women.
VaniqaThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to eflornithine. This medicine is not to be used by girls under the age of 12.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to apply and how often. Do not use more medicine or apply it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected area twice daily. Rub it in gently.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before applying sunscreen, makeup, or other cosmetics to the face.
- Do not wash the treated facial areas for at least 4 hours after applying this medicine.
- Never share your medicine with anyone.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, apply it as soon as you can. Then wait at least 8 hours before using the medicine again.
- Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Tell your doctor about any other skin care products you are using on your face.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine will slow down the growth of new hair, but will not remove hair from the face. Keep using your regular method of hair removal, such as plucking or shaving.
- You may need to use this medicine for several weeks before you see a decrease in hair growth. Do not use the medicine longer than 6 months if it does not seem to be working.
- The effects of this medicine are not permanent. After you stop using the cream, your hair growth will likely return to the same condition as before treatment.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Bleeding skin
- Swollen lips
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild burning, redness, stinging, or tingling where the cream is applied