Treats blood flow disorders (such as heart disease) by relaxing blood vessels. Belongs to a class of drugs called vasodilators.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to papaverine.
How to Use This Medicine
Long Acting Capsule
- Take your medicine as directed.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have liver or kidney disease, heart disease, or glaucoma.
- Tell any doctor or dentist who treats you that you are using this medicine. This medicine may affect certain medical test results.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Chest pain.
- Skin or whites of your eyes turn yellow.
- Skin rash, or blisters.
- Stomach pain.
- Unusual bruising or bleeding.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Appetite loss, nausea, or vomiting.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Dizziness, drowsiness, or light-headedness.
- Facial flushing (redness), or sweating.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088