Used as a mineral supplement to add to the magnesium in your daily diet.
CalMag Thins, Coral Calcium, Elite Magnesium, GNC Calcium/Magnesium with Vitamin D, Leader Magnesium, MG Plus Protein, MP Magnesium, Mag-G, Mag-Ox 400, Mag-Tab SR, Magimin, Magimin-Forte, Maginex, Maglex, MagnacapsThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, there is no reason for you to not use this medicine.
How to Use This Medicine
Powder for Suspension, Liquid Filled Capsule, Capsule, Powder, Liquid, Tablet, Packet, Long Acting Tablet
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Drink at least six to eight (8 ounce) cups of liquid each day, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- There are other medicines that may not work properly if you use them together with magnesium. Make sure your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have kidney disease.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, diarrhea.