Supplies your body with B vitamins. You might need extra B vitamins because of an illness or other medicines that you are using. You might not be getting enough B vitamins from the food you eat, or for other reasons.
Allbee w/C, B-Compleet, B-Plex, B6-Folic Acid, Balanced B50, Carlson Homocysteine Guard, Cerefolin, Deplin 15, Deplin 7.5, DiatxZn, FaBB, Folast, Folbee, Folbic, Folbic RFThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any kind of vitamin B.
How to Use This Medicine
Tablet, Liquid, Long Acting Tablet, Capsule
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Swallow the extended-release tablet whole. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed completely before you swallow it.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. You might need to shake the liquid just before you use it.
If a dose is missed:
- Missing a dose of a vitamin supplement is usually not a cause for concern.
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Tell your doctor if you have liver disease or kidney disease.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, diarrhea, gas.