This medicine is a topical anesthetic that is used before a medical procedure to numb your mouth, throat, or nose.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
This medicine is not right for everyone. Do not use this medicine if you had an allergic reaction to cocaine.
How to Use This Medicine
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you are allergic to other medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you have any irritation in your mouth, throat, or nose, or if you have any disease or illness.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision
- Feeling nervous, restless, agitated, or anxious
- Fever, chills
- Extreme weakness
- Nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain
- Slow or fast heartbeat
- Slow or shallow breathing
- Tremor or seizure