Hydrogen Peroxide (HYE-droe-jen per-OX-ide)
Prevents infection in minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. This medicine is used as a first aid antiseptic.
Aplicare One Hydrogen Peroxide, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Hydrogen Peroxide, Quality Choice Hydrogen Peroxide, Rite Aid Hydrogen Peroxide, Rite Aid Hydrogen Peroxide Wipes, Swan Hydrogen Peroxide, The Medicine Shoppe Hydrogen PeroxideThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to hydrogen peroxide. You should not use this medicine to treat an injury to the eye, or to treat large areas of the body.
How to Use This Medicine
- Read and follow the patient instructions that come with this medicine. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- This medicine is for use on skin only. Do not let this medicine get into your eyes, nose, or mouth. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away. Do not use this medicine over large areas of your body.
- Clean the affected area and then apply a small amount of medicine.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after you use this medicine.
- If a bandage is needed, allow the treated area to dry before covering.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor how to dispose of the medicine container and any leftover or expired medicine.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not put cosmetics or skin care products on the treated skin.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Talk to your doctor before use if you have deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns.
- Do not use this medicine for more than 1 week unless your doctor tells you to.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088