Treats Parkinson's disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or other digestive problems. Prevents motion sickness. Also helps your doctor to examine your eye.
Maldemar, ScopaceThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to scopolamine. You should not use this medicine if you have glaucoma, severe liver disease, kidney disease, an enlarged prostrate gland, or a blocked digestive tube.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed. Your dose may need to be changed several times to find what works best for you.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Tell your doctor if you drink alcohol or if you are using any medicine that makes you sleepy, such as allergy medicine or narcotic pain medicine.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all other medicines you are using.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have heart disease.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blurred vision or problems with speech.
- Confusion or changes in behavior.
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate.
- Fast heartbeat.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth or dry skin.
- Feeling sleepy.
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088