Relieves sore throat and cough due to common cold or allergies.
Cepacol Sore Throat, Cough Drops, Diabetic Tussin Cough Drops, Fisherman's Friend, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Cough Drops, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Natural Herb, Halls, Koldets Cough Suppresant, Leader Cough Drops, Leader Natural Herb, Medi-First Cherry Cough Drops, Medikoff Drops, N'Ice, Olbas Pastilles Maximum Strength, Rite Aid Cough DropsThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to menthol.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- Place the lozenge in your mouth and let it melt slowly. Do not chew or swallow it whole.
- Do not give the lozenge to infants or children younger than 5 years old.
If a dose is missed:
- This medicine is to be taken as needed. Follow the directions on the package.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have chronic cough, asthma, emphysema, or if you smoke.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have severe cough with excessive mucus or severe sore throat with fever, headache, swelling, nausea, vomiting, or trouble breathing.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing