Treats tiredness and muscle weakness caused by Eaton-Lambert syndrome.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
Do not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to guanidine.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed. Your dose may need to be changed several times to find what works best for you.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, problems with your immune system, a blood disorder (such as anemia), or a history of mental illness.
- This medicine may make you bleed, bruise, or get infections more easily. Take precautions to prevent illness and injury. Avoid people who are ill, and wash your hands often. Brush and floss your teeth gently, do not play rough sports, and be careful with sharp objects.
- Your doctor will do lab tests at regular visits to check on the effects of this medicine. Keep all appointments.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Change in how much or how often you urinate, difficult or painful urination
- Cold feeling in your hands or feet
- Confusion, hallucinations (you see or hear things that are not there)
- Fast or uneven heartbeat
- Fever, chills, cough, sore throat, and body aches
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Mood or behavior changes, irritability, nervousness
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, stomach pain
- Tiny red dots on the skin, especially on the lower legs
- Unusual trouble walking, trembling, numbness or tingling in your lips, face, hands, or feet
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, stomach pain
- Mild numbness or tingling in your fingertips
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088