Treats certain types of circulation (blood flow) problems.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to isoxsuprine. You should not use this medicine if you are having serious bleeding problems, or if you have just given birth to a baby.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed.
If a dose is missed:
- Take a dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then and take a regular dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- There may be medicines that can interact with isoxsuprine. Make sure your doctor knows about all other medicines you are using, or have used recently.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast feeding, or if you have been injured recently. Tell your doctor if you have a bleeding disorder, heart disease, or chest pain. Make sure your doctor knows if you have glaucoma or a history of stroke.
- This medicine may make you dizzy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Severe light-headedness, or fainting.
- Skin rash.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, vomiting, or stomach upset.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088