Treats or prevents nausea and vomiting caused by cancer medicines. This medicine is used when other medicines for nausea and vomiting do not work.
CesametThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to nabilone or any marijuana products.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed.
- You may take this medicine with or without food.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using stimulants (such as amphetamines or cocaine) or anticholinergic medicines (such as atropine or scopolamine). Tell your doctor if you are taking any drugs for depression (such as amitriptyline, amoxapine, desipramine, Asendin®, Elavil®, or Norpramin®). Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using disulfiram (Antabuse®), lithium (Eskalith®), naltrexone (Revia®), or theophylline (Theo-Dur®).
- Tell your doctor if you drink alcohol or if you are using any medicine that makes you sleepy, such as allergy medicine or narcotic pain medicine.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have high blood pressure or heart disease, or if you have a history of any mental illness, substance abuse, or alcohol abuse.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- This medicine can be habit-forming. Do not use more than your prescribed dose. Call your doctor if you think your medicine is not working.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they get worse.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Change in how much or how often you urinate.
- Changes in vision, or red, itchy, swollen, or dry eye.
- Chest pain.
- Fast, pounding, or uneven heart beat.
- Fever, chills, cough, runny or stuffy nose, sore throat.
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting.
- Numbness or weakness in your arm or leg, or on one side of your body.
- Numbness, tingling, or burning pain in your hands, arms, legs, feet, or around the mouth.
- Problems with hearing, balance, or speech.
- Seeing or hearing things which are not really there.
- Seizures, tremors, or muscle twitching.
- Trouble breathing.
- Unusual bleeding, bruising, or weakness.
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Changes in taste or appetite.
- Clumsiness, tiredness, or problems with muscle movement.
- Decreased or increased sweating, or increased thirst.
- Depression or feeling "high".
- Dry mouth, throat, or nose.
- Mood changes, memory problems, or confusion.
- Muscle pain, back pain, joint pain, or body aches.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, upset stomach, or stomach pain.
- Skin rash or itching.
- Sores or white patches on your lips, mouth, or throat.
- Swelling on your face.
- Trouble sleeping, restlessness, or nervousness.
- Warmth or redness in your face, neck, arms, or upper chest.
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088