Chondroitin Sulfate (kon-DROY-tin SUL-fate), Glucosamine Hydrochloride (gloo-KOSE-a-meen hye-droe-KLOR-ide)
Helps maintain and support joint cartilage. This medicine may improve mobility and flexibility of the joints.
Cidaflex, Cosamin DS, Good Neighbor Pharmacy Glucosamine Chondroitin Complex, Osteo Bi-Flex, PharmAssure Glucosamine/ChondroitinThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to chondroitin or glucosamine.
How to Use This Medicine
- Take your medicine as directed.
- Follow the instructions on the medicine label if you are using this medicine without a prescription.
- It is best to take this medicine with food.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Ask your pharmacist, doctor, or health caregiver about the best way to dispose of any outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children. Never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine contains products made from shellfish. If you are allergic to shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster, crayfish), check with your doctor first before deciding to take this medicine.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088