Relieves pain and reduces fever.
OfirmevThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
This medicine is not right for everyone. You should not receive this medicine if you had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, or if you have severe liver disease.
How to Use This Medicine
- Your doctor will prescribe your dose and schedule. This medicine is given through a needle placed in a vein.The medicine will be injected slowly over 15 minutes.
- A nurse or other health provider will give you this medicine.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Some medicines and foods can affect how acetaminophen works. Tell your doctor if you are using a blood thinner, such as warfarin.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease or liver disease. Tell your doctor if you have been addicted alcohol.
- This medicine may cause the following problems:
- Liver damage
- Serious skin reactions
- Carefully check the labels of all other medicines you are using, because they may also contain acetaminophen. It is not safe to use more than 4 grams (4,000 milligrams) of acetaminophen in 24 hours.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blistering, peeling, or red skin rash
- Dark urine or pale stools, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach pain, yellow skin or eyes
- Pain, itching, burning, swelling, or a lump under your skin where the needle was placed
If you notice other side effects that you think are caused by this medicine, tell your doctor
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088