Florbetapir F-18 (flor-BAY-ta-pir F-18)
Generally used with a procedure called a PET scan to help diagnose Alzheimer disease and other cognitive problems.
AmyvidThere may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
Do not receive this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to florbetapir F-18.
How to Use This Medicine
- A doctor or other trained health professional will give you this medicine. It is given through a needle placed in one of your veins just before you have a PET scan.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you are breastfeeding, you must give your child stored breast milk or baby formula for 24 hours after receiving this medicine.
- You will be exposed to radiation while you receive this medicine. If you have any questions about this, talk to your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Back, joint, muscle, or neck pain