Exercise - dress appropriately
Dressing appropriately is important when exercising in cold weather. Here are some tips to consider:
- Wear several layers, including gloves and a hat. Remove layers when you warm up, and replace them during the slower portions of your workout.
- If it is snowing or icy, be extra careful to not fall.
- Remember, you can still become dehydrated in cold weather, you still need plenty of fluid before, during, and after exercise.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.
©1997 - A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.