Poisonous snake bites are medical emergencies and require immediate attention. The bite of a snake can cause severe local tissue damage and often requires follow-up care. The right anti-venom can save a person's life. Even though most snakes are not poisonous, avoid picking up or playing with any snake unless you have been properly trained.
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.