- the embryo now resembles a human
- facial features continue to develop
- beginnings of external genitalia form
- anal passage opens, but the rectal membrane is intact
- circulation through the umbilical cord is well developed
- long bones begin to form
8.5 week fetus
At 8.5 weeks:
- The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition.
- A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions.
- Call 911 for all medical emergencies.
- Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites.